Enjoy a Catamaran Sailing Day on Firth of Forth, on a luxury catamaran. On this unforgettable (8 hour) sailing trip, you will be welcomed onboard this multi-hulled Catamaran by RYA Yachtmaster and your crew for the day. You’ll be shown around this incredible boat before setting sail, heading down the Forth, under the Forth Rail Bridge, one of the engineering wonders of the world, past Inchcolm Island and the inner islands before routing out towards the famous Bass Rock or Isle of May then out to the open sea, sailing to Anstruther Marina, along the breathtaking East Coast of Scotland. Enjoy award winning fish and chips and then taken back to South Queensferry by road.
- 8 hours appx
- Safety briefing and refreshments
- Sail along the East Coastline of Scotland, under the famous & Forth road and rail bridges
- Sail past the inner islands of Inchgarvie, Inchcolm, Inchmickery and Inchkeith
- Sea bird watching: Seals, Porpoises, Puffins, Gannets and a selection of Sea Birds that call the river home
- Explore the beautiful coastline of Fife’s East Neuk and see Edinburgh from a different perspective
- Route past the Isle of May or the Bass Rock before routing North to Anstruther
- Enjoy Blue Water Cruising, there is nothing to the East but the horizon
- Arrive at Anstruther Marina for fish & chips
- Return travel by road to South Queensferry
Meet your RYA Yachtmaster who’ll introduce you to the vessel. Sit down for a cup of tea or coffee before departing the harbour and hitting the water.
As you sail out, you’ll pass under the world-famous Forth Rail Bridge. Built in the 1890s, the bridge is considered one of the preeminent engineering feats of the Victorian era. Keep an eye out for the local seals and unparalleled views of the Edinburgh skyline as you cruise around Inchgarvie Island before making your way back to Port Edgar Marina. Sit back and relax or get a little more hands-on, the skipper will let you take the helm as you sail down the Forth.
A memorable experience for sailing fans looking to try something different or for anyone who fancies a taste of life on-board an amazing catamaran. Very popular with couples for a romantic evening cruise.
Edinburgh Boat Charters provides a bespoke experience tailored to suit you. Their luxury catamaran “Edinburgh Castle” means enjoying an experience unique to the area. Take advantage of the Forth’s splendid natural surroundings and local areas of interest, including landmarks of national importance such as the Forth Rail and Road bridges, historical sights, the Forth islands and stunning coast lines, to make your sail special.
Your safety is paramount and nothing has been overlooked, down to the provision of professional waterproof clothing, to ensure the experience is a delight.
- Trips run monthly from May to September.
- Voucher valid for 1 year from date of purchase.
- Not suitable for children under 5.
- Not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Runs monthly at weekends
- Minimum Sea distance 40 nautical miles
LocationAddress: Port Edgar Marina, South Queensferry, EH30 9SQ
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £89.00More Info
From £69.00More Info
From £159.00More Info