The ultimate introduction to photography London is perfect if you love taking photos and want to learn how to take complete control of your camera to achieve the photos in your mind’s eye. This introduction to photography workshop, is lead by professional travel and landscape photographer Matthew Williams-Ellis, who will teach you all you need to know.
During the 5.5 hour session you will learn the fundamentals of photography through ‘in the field’ tutorials, allowing you to practise and experiment with newly learned techniques while photographing some of London’s most iconic locations.
You will talk a lot about the thought process of creating (not just taking) photos and Matthew will also offer tips on composition, help guide your photographic eye and help you develop a proactive photography mindset, ensuring you can apply your new found skills to any given situation when photographing in the future.
- Workshop length 5.5 hours
- Head to The London Eye, Leake Street Graffiti Tunnels and South Bank
- Basics of ISO, aperture, shutter speed, shooting modes and focusing.
- Tips & tricks
- Expert tuition
- Experiment with slow shutter speeds while photographing interesting subjects
- Discuss photographic storytelling and compositional ideas
- Sunset and blue hour/night shoot overlooking the Thames
- ISO, aperture and shutter speed
- Shooting in manual mode and aperture priority mode
- Experiment with panning in shutter speed priority mode
- Histogram and the importance of exposing to the right
- Try out tips and tricks for eye-catching compositions
- The importance of light and shooting at the best time of day
- Conveying stories in your photographs
- Focus modes and capturing sharp photos
- Selecting the most appropriate equipment (although it is not about what equipment you have, it is how you use it!)
Matthew is a professional travel and landscape photographer who has been awarded in Travel Photographer of the Year. He carries out commissions for the travel industry, leads photography holidays and workshops and runs a Youtube channel called Photo Escapes. Please note: No two days are exactly the same, as photography is all about the light. Some subjects suit cloudy days and others suit sunny days. We will shoot wherever the conditions are best! Matthew Williams-Ellis is a professional travel and landscape photographer who has been awarded in Travel Photographer of the Year. He carries out commissions for the travel industry, leads photography holidays and workshops and runs a YouTube channel called Photo Escapes.
- Group workshops on scheduled dates throughout the year
- Group workshop max 8 people
- Group workshop min age 18
- Private workshops are weekdays only subject to availability
- Lunch not included
- Experience must be pre booked
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £150.00More Info
From £230.00More Info
From £350.00More Info