Learn some great chocolatier skills with this amazing Chocolate Box Class, and take home your hand made quality Belgian chocolates. This fun class is with a maximum number of 3 students and can be booked as a group of friends or come on your own and share your love of baking with a like-minded group.
During The Chocolate Box Class you will learn how to:
- Correctly temper and use the finest quality belgian couverture in white, milk and dark chocolate
- Make truffle ganache in different flavours
- Cassis ganache
- Use transfer and texture sheets, as well as tools, to add professional touches to your chocolates
- Correctly dip chocolates
- Create different finishes
- Package and display your chocolates in different ways
- Make chocolate orange truffles
- Make cassis truffles
- Make marzipan chocolates
- Make white chocolate and raspberry chocolates
- Make milk chocolate caramel cups
- Make solid moulded chocolates in a huge choice of different shapes
Typical class starts 10am and finishes at 5pm
All materials, ingredients and tools will be provided along with class notes.
The Cupcake Oven was opened as a cake design business in 2007 in Essex by owner Sarah Thomas. Sarah loves teaching her skills to others. She is a multi-award winning sugar artist and cake designer, as well as a regular international magazine contributor. The Cupcake Oven is a World renowned Baking & Decorating School. Our classroom is modern with plenty of space to work, learn and make new friends. The kitchen seats up to 6 people learning sugarcraft and baking skills. The Cupcake Oven provides everything needed to make your creations to a professional standard. There is plenty of private off-road free car parking at the premises and the train station is only a 12 minute walk. Cupcake Baking & Decorating You will discuss the importance of colour and theme selection and how critical this is to ensure that your cupcakes look as professional as possible. - Use several different decorative materials including sugarpaste, florist paste and buttercream. - Learn how each material is used, how to colour and prepare each for use on your cupcakes. - Opportunity to use a large variety of cutters, veiners and other sugarcraft tools to create shapes, flowers, leaves and butterflies. - Make beautiful handmade sugarpaste bows. - Finish your sugarcraft decorations professionally, use lustre dusts to achieve a further dimension to your already beautiful decorations. - Make buttercream and prepare the tops of your cupcakes, before covering them with smooth fondant icing. - Use a wide variety of embossing techniques - Complete your cupcakes with professional hand made decorations and other embellishments. - Tutorial on how to make smooth, fluffy buttercream, how to colour and flavour. - Use nozzles and piping bags to create surfaces ready to decorate. - You will be given a demonstration of buttercream swirls to decorate your cupcakes, before you make beautiful swirls on your own. - Finish the cupcakes with your decorations for truly professional looking cupcakes.
- Minimum age 14 years+ | Min 1 – Max 6 people
- Length of class ypictally 10am - 5pm and is suitable for total beginners
- No refunds can be given for cancellations.
- The Cupcake Oven reserves the right to alter dates and times.
- Full contact details must be supplied 24 hours before the class
- COVID restrictions may apply, please refer to vendor when booking