Three Hour Sourdough Bread Making for beginners London. Using sourdough culture is an ancient method of making bread. In this sourdough bread making, learn the basics of this wonderful technique to bake incredibly nutritious and tasty loaves, make sourdough starters and production leavens and experiment with different doughs.
By the end of the workshop your own handmade sourdough loaf will be ready to take home together with your own starter for future baking, recipes and a handful of new skills. Suitable for beginners and no prior knowledge or experience required.
- Make a sourdough starter and learn how to maintain it successfully
- Expert tuition, all equipment and ingredients provided
- Learn how to make sourdough breads including flatbreads, loaves, sourdough crackers
- The course runs between 11am-2pm
- Take away your homemade bread/s
- Handout with different recipes to try and experiment with at home
- Follow up email support if needed
The Fermentarium began its adventure in fermentation in 2014 at the Blackhorse Workshop, Walthamstow, London. At first the emphasis was on baking sourdough bread and pizza-making in a cob oven in the yard as well as sourdough bread-making classes. In 2014 Simon and David wanted to share their experience and knowledge of fermenting and began to run lactic fermentation classes and then were joined by Anna in March 2016 and added further courses including Soft fermented drinks and dairy ferments. The Fermentarium: an independent organisation dedicated to promoting the small-scale production of “real” fermented food and drink.
- Minimum age is 18 due to insurance conditions
- No cancellations are allowed
- You can change the date of your class 7 days prior to the course after that it is at the discretion of the Fermentarium.
- There is no car parking on site but the venue is close to a tube station.