Snowdonia is famous for its beautiful scenery. Majestic mountains, deep green valleys, sparkling lakes, tumbling waterfalls, and bubbling rivers are everywhere you turn on this spectacular tour. But there is so much more to see and do in this beautiful corner of North West Wales and this tour uses the 3 main valleys of central Snowdonia to connect to a number of fascinating locations.
Your day starts with 9.30am pick up from your location and along the way, your driver will share their intimate knowledge of Wales’ history, culture, myths and legends whilst pointing out places of interest and recommending best stops for food, refreshments and photos. You will return to your agreed drop off location about 6:00 pm. Itinerary may change depending on your pickup and drop off location, local weather on the day or your personal requirements.
- 9.30am -6pm sightseeing North Wales, Snowdonia Luxury Private Tour
- The services of your professional driver/guide throughout your tour.
- Luxury Mercedes touring vehicles for up to 6 passengers
- Pick up and drop off within North Wales
- Coffee and lunch stops (not included in cost)
- Sites, attractions and activities (entrance not included in cost)
- All fuel, parking and road tolls.
Caernarfon Castle is one of the most impressive of Edward 1st’s medieval castles and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Occupying a commanding and spectacular position at the southern end of the beautiful Menai straits which separate the mainland from the island of Anglesey you could lose whole days here. Caernarfon Castle was the main seat of Edward 1st during the early conquest of Wales and its royal connections continues to this day with it being the site of the investiture of Prince Charles, the current Prince of Wales.
Llanberis and Bethesda are not just towered over by the main mountains of Snowdonia. They are also dwarfed by the remains of huge slate mines which appear to have devoured whole mountain sides. 200 years ago, the slate mines of Gwynedd were said to ‘’roof the world’’ with more slate being exported from this area than the rest of the world combined. A visit to the National Slate Museum gives an idea not only of the scale of this industry but also of the hardship faced by the local miners who worked here.
Your tour also takes you through the little village of Beddgelert and the beautiful Nant Gwynant valley. Here you will discover the legends of Gelert the faithful hunting hound and of Dinas Emrys, the red Dragon of Wales and Merlin the Magician. If you are very lucky you may even spy Snowdonia’s resident population of shy wild mountain goats up in the barren and rocky mountain sides
Throughout the day, the 3000-foot-high mountains of Snowdonia tower above as you head past sparkling lakes and tumbling waterfalls flanked by foreboding rock walls and boulders strewn valley floors. On the day you will cross the flanks of mighty Mount Snowdon itself (with compulsory photo stops of course!)
What to bring with you.
Please take a wind or waterproof coat and sensible footwear for some light walking. Whilst rare, Wales can have 4 seasons in one day!
North Wales Guided Tours creates memorable private guided tours of North Wales and beyond for discerning customers from across the globe. The qualified driver/guides are all locally born and bred and passionate about all things Welsh. With an intimate knowledge of the landscape, history, and culture of Wales, they’re ideally placed to help you get the most out of your tour. North Wales is an ancient and unspoiled land where history meets legend, mountains flow into the sea, medieval architecture meets the industrial revolution, and an ancient language and unique culture meets 5-star hotels and flourishing foodie scene. Come and find out for yourself why the Rough Guide voted Wales as one of the top 10 countries in the world to visit.
- Dates subject to availability
- Price is per Luxury Mercedes touring vehicle not per person
- Can take up to 6 passengers
- Qualified and licenced driver/guide, local pick up and drop off in North Wales.
- Excludes entry fees to visitor attractions and food and drink on the day
- Vouchers are non-refundable with no cash alternative
- Personal travel insurance not included
- All North Wales Guided Tours Ltd/NEW Executive Transfers Ltd booking conditions and T&C's apply
- North Wales Guided Tours/NEW Executive Transfers Ltd reserves the right to modify or cancel your tour
- Bring a wind or waterproof coat and sensible footwear for some light walking.
- Follow any COVID 19 restrictions in place at time of tour.