The one day ring making course, at the blacksmiths Academy, set in beautiful rural countryside in South Herefordshire and led by the expert team of craftsmen, who will guide and support you through each process of the design and forging of your own unique ring/s. The day runs for approximately 5 hours
You will make and design a piece of bespoke ironmongery, from the master craftsman who will show you some of their techniques and guide you through the four main stages of the blacksmithing process: Heating, Holding, Hitting and Shaping, which goes into the forging of your masterpiece.
There is the option of plating your rings in Chrome, Silver or Gold. Please advise at time of booking the course as there is an additional cost.
Ring Making Experience - 5 Hours
- Arrive 8:45 for 9am start
- Introduction and safety briefing
- Blacksmithing techniques before teaching you how to forge a ring
- Take home the ring you make
- One of the experts oversees your work and guide you through the process of hand forging and polishing your ring.
Enjoy lunch in either the Scandinavian Lodge or Shepherd’s Hut, please confirm at time of booking if you would like lunch included.
A Traditional Blacksmith's Forge in the Heart of the Herefordshire Countryside. The Oldfield Forge Ltd is a family run blacksmithing company combining traditional blacksmithing techniques and craftsmanship with modern technology to produce the finest quality bespoke ironmongery for homes and businesses.
The team of expert blacksmiths is dedicated to preserving the ancient traditions of the craft, with a love and respect for the long heritage of handmade ironmongery, yet using these skills to forge contemporary as well as traditional pieces
Ring making courses are available all year round, watch as your ring emerges. This is a fantastic 5 hours of fun, taught in a relaxed and friendly environment, where you will leave at the end of the day with a ring that you will cherish forever - along with a special story to be told.
Discover the fundamentals of ring making and learn the traditional techniques involved. Whilst your ring is annealing, enjoy lunch either in the open air in our picnic area or, if you prefer, take advantage of our Scandinavian lodge or Shepherds hut. This is very much a “hands-on” day that will enable you to craft your very own ring.
- 9:00am - 2pm
- Monday to Saturday, excluding bank holidays (subject to availability).
- What to Wear Loose fitting cotton material Cover your arms t Strictly no vests or short sleeved tops No loose cuffs or torn clothing, Shorts or skirts are also not permitted.
- Leather aprons are provided.