Christmas is a quintessential festive holiday, an occasion to exchange gifts and gather together with family and loved ones. But are you sure it is originally a Christian custom? Find out on the tour.
Meet your Guide in front of your hotel and travel to the “The Old Curiosity Shop”, that miraculously survived the flames of the Great Fire of London (1666) and once formed part of an estate given by Charles II to one of his mistresses. Hear how Christmas was brought back to London by Charles II and continue your way to the Covent Garden, where you will find the most beautiful Christmas tree in London and can kiss under the gorgeous mistletoe!
Discover what was used to decorate spruce before Christmas globes became popular and look out for the most magnificent tree in Trafalgar square. Discover why (and how) it is brought all the way from Oslo every year! Follow your guide to the oldest toyshop in London, where you can meet real Santa and make a wish with him. Check out one of the quirkiest London Christmas Light displays glowing across Carnaby Street. Walk towards Liberty, one of London’s most famous and prestigious department stores and be dazzled by it’s Christmas decorations.
See how the beautiful Oxford Street Christmas lights shimmer in the skies above the world-famous shopping district.
Visit spectacular spruce at London’s legendary Mayfair hotel ‘Claridge's’ and go towards Kensington Palace to learn how German Christmas traditions were both brought to London and spread around the world!
Enjoy magnificent view at the world famous magical ice-rink in front of the Natural History Museum and explore the eclectic range of boutiques and designer labels on the King's Road in Chelsea.
• Discover who banned Christmas in 17th century
• Take pictures with London’s most spectacular Christmas Trees
• Post your letter to Santa (up until December 8th)
• Learn about the most popular Christmas traditions
• Kiss under the glorious mistletoe!
- Duration 3 hours
- Private Tour Guide
- Collected from your hotel
- See where Freddie lived with Mary in the 70s
- See Royal Albert Hall, where Bryan May performed
- Stop by the iconic pub, where Freddie met Brian, Roger and Mary
- Walk through the house where Freddie died and which is occupied by Mary Austin and her family.
- You will discover where Freddie met Montserrat Caballe
- See the place of Freddie’s very last performance
Discover how Pigeon Tours reveal many of the untold stories that are part of London's hidden history. There are numerous standard tours and guidebooks, but Pigeon Tours takes you off the beaten path to seek out the more unusual places that often fail to register on the radar of both visitors and residents alike. It also highlights unexpected and often overlooked aspects and attractions of some of London’s more famous tourist sites, such as Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Parliament, St Pauls cathedral, as well as many first-class museums, art galleries and department stores.
- Please book one week in advance
LocationAddress: 36-38 Westbourne Grove Newton Road W2 4TS, London W14 8QA
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £99.00More Info
From £48.00More Info
From £560.00More Info