This will be a 2 day weekend online felt, foam and latex workshop, the course will be live and interactive where you are able to ask questions along the way as the course is happening and all the materials will be posted out to you.
During this workshop you will learn how to:
- Build detailed and professional wire armature.
- Learn how to sculpt and create removable/replacement hands and head.
- Design and create a stop-motion puppet from foam and liquid latex.
- Design and learn how to paint onto latex and colour your puppet.
- Learn how to create in built rigs for your puppet which will enable them to run and jump.
- Learn how to make animatable eyes.
- Learn how to treat and create animatable clothing for your puppet.
A great weekend workshop for anyone wanting to learn how to create a more advanced puppet that can be easily animated as well as learning skills of designing and creating clothes specifically for animation puppets which can be used time and again.
The course is hosted and run by someone who has worked in the film industry on animated feature films and kids tv series making puppets and miniatures for well known productions.
- 2 day online workshop
- Experienced teacher who has worked in the film industry in animation
- All materials are posted out to you prior to the workshop commencing.
- There is a list of dates to choose from and you can split your course should you wish to do so. (Day 1 one week and Day 2 another week)
Ctrl-Art-Del founder, Jennifer Kidd has been animating, sculpting, painting and model-making for over 10 years and has just completed an MA in Experimental Animation at the Royal College of Art in London where she specialised in Directing. She has worked in the film industry on animated features such as 'Isle of Dogs' and 'Night of the Trampires' in the art department, model making and set dressing and works from time to time at Factory Create in the art and puppet maintenance department. In between productions, Jennifer also lectures animation and puppet fabrication in universities across the UK. Jennifer will be the one teaching you, either online or from her studio on London City Island
- The min age for this course is 12 as you will need to use a scalpel or craft knife.
- You will need some pva glue, otherwise all materials are provided.