Enjoy this 1.5 hour pottery class Herefordshire. This pottery class is an introduction to the pottery wheel. On the day you will share a wheel between two, having two attempts to make a pot. You’ll then be offered one of three choices:
- The environmentally friendly option - Recycle your attempts so your clay can be enjoyed again and again
- Select your favourite pot to take away, air-dry and paint at home.
- For an additional £20 per pot, fire and glaze your creation. If you go for option 3, your masterpiece will need to dry thoroughly before it goes in the kiln. It will be fired twice. This whole process takes about a month, after which you will be contacted to arrnage collection from the Pottery. P+P can be arranged at £5 per item.
Pottery Wheel Experience includes:
- Complimentary fresh coffee & tea
- 1.5 hour class sessions: 11am | 2pm
- A potter’s wheel demonstration
- Share a wheel between two
- Expert tuition
- Offered one of three choices:
- Environmentally friendly option - we’ll recycle your attempts
- Select your favourite pot to take away, air-dry and paint at home
- For an additional £20 per pot you can fire and glaze your creation
Eastnor Pottery is a family run business established in 1994 by professional artist potters Sarah Monk and Jon Williams. As well as making and exhibiting their unique designs, the couple have a combined 50 years’ experience of working with thousands of workshop participants, all ages and abilities, all over the West Midlands and beyond. Create and relax in rural tranquility. The Eastnor Pottery is situated on the Eastnor Castle country estate, close to the Malvern Hills and amidst the idyllic Herefordshire countryside. The perfect environment to unwind, learn a new skill and discover hidden talents.
Perfect stress relieving activity.The therapeutic benefits of working with soft clay on the potter’s wheel are considerable. Participants often leave the studio feeling totally de-stressed and with an overwhelming sense of well-being. Anyone can do pottery, there are no mistakes, just learning experiences! The positive and inclusive nature of the instruction means everybody achieves amazing results.
Small friendly class sizes. Eastnor Pottery have eight electric potters wheels, so limit the group size to eight participants. This ensures plenty of one to one tuition and guidance from the expert team of potters. Remarkable pottery experiences for individuals, groups, education and organisations. They work with tens of thousands of workshop participants, all ages and abilities, exploring creativity and sharing the therapeutic benefits of working with clay.
Where: Eastnor Pottery is located within the magnificent Herefordshire Country Estate of Eastnor Castle, surrounded by the Malvern Hills. Great walks and dramatic scenery make this the ideal place to spend a creative break. Home or away If you are unable to visit the Pottery studio in Herefordshire, The Flying Potter is more than willing to deliver the Eastnor Pottery experience to a venue of your choice.
- Classes are for up to 8 people
- Minimum age 14 years
- Participants to provide their own aprons and towels, or they can hire them at £5 per bundle
- Available on scheduled Saturdays throughout the year
- Sessions start at 11am and 2pm, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Lunch is not provided
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £165.00More Info
From £98.00More Info
From £280.00More Info