This Three and half hour Cake Baking Class London. This cake baking class is suitable for all levels and covers step-by-step techniques, so that you never again need to worry about anything from the mixture curdling to scaling up your recipe for a larger cake. Step by step guide on when it is necessary to sift flour to what kind of sugar you should use and how to adapt the recipe to create countless variations.
While your cake is baking you produce a delicious buttercream to fill and ice your cake with. Once your cake has cooled you will be taught how to use a cake wire to ensure that all your layers are even before icing it with a ‘crumb’ coating. Then learn how to pipe a stunning ‘ruffle effect’ around the sides of the cake, using a professional cake turntable, before creating your beautiful ‘rose’ centrepiece.
This class will equip you with all the knowledge and confidence that you need to tackle most large and layer cakes.
- Take away 6" layer Decorated Cake
- 3.5 hour workshop
- Learn tips and techniques
- The perfect technique for light, fluffy icing
- How to check the cakes are perfectly cooked
- Troubleshooting tips & techniques
- All equipment and ingredients included
- The correct way to fill a piping bag
- How pipe ruffles on the sides and top of your cake
Xanthe Milton started Cookie Girl in 2003 by walking around with a basket selling cookies to people at work. She also had a stall selling cakes and cookies on Portobello Market. She started a blog which became a hugely popular column. Selfridges began selling her cakes and cookies Nationwide and she was asked by Random House to write a recipe book which became a bestseller. She has had millions of views on her cake tutorials on YouTube and is now shares her expertise with her clients privately and in the corporate world.
- Minimum age 16 (younger children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Available on Saturdays
- Excludes lunch
- Voucher valid for 12 months
- Please confirm at time of booking the time and date of your class
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £65.00More Info
From £175.00More Info
From £70.00More Info