Millions of people have been fascinated by the tales of a Yorkshire Dales vet in the TV series All Creatures Great and Small. This private guided tour allows you to visit the places, that James Herriot frequented with his onscreen wife and colleagues, in the beautiful Wensleydale & Swaledale.
- Private full day chauffeur guided tour
- Entertaining Blue Badge Tourist Guide
- Licensed for 2/3 people
- Tour length 9am-5pm (8 hours)
- Collection and drop off from your accommodation in Yorkshire (e.g. York, Leeds, Harrogate, Ripon or Thirsk)
- Photo stops
- Rest room and refreshments stops when you feel like it
- First stop the brewing town of Masham
- Then onto the ruins of Jervaulx Abbey.
- Photo opportunity in Middleham at the castle,
- Visit The Wheatsheaf pub in Carperby
- Skeldale House, Askrigg -James Herriot’s practice
- A visit to Hawes and the Wensleydale Creamery.
- Stop for a lunch break in country pub or village tea room (lunch not included)
- Ascend over Buttertubs Pass with its spectacular views into Swaledale
Finally pass through Muker, Gunnerside and Reeth with their wild flower meadows, dry stone walls and field barns then head up to Langthwaite passing the watersplash location and then you are taken back to your accommodation. This is a great day where you have the flexibility to stop where you want and really get to know Herriot Country. You can add The World of James Herriot and Thirsk into the tour by special request (Entrance fee not included).
NB. Many people choose to visit the market town of Thirsk (Darrowby in the books) under their own steam, with a visit to the actual veterinary practice where Alf Wight worked. It has now been turned into a fascinating visitor attraction –The World of James Herriot. This is a real treat and the house hosts a TV studio, agricultural displays as well as many parts of the house being refurbished to show what the house would have looked like in the 1950’s. Whilst there is so much to cover in the Yorkshire Dales, we can add The World of James Herriot and Thirsk into our tour by special request (Entrance fee not included)
Tim Barber‘s Real Yorkshire Tours offers you a choice of interesting chauffeur driven, driver guided Yorkshire tours, for up to 4 people including great Yorkshire days out, walking trips, experiences or exciting family adventures. They also offer guiding services for film location planning, familiarisation visits, incentive travel & larger groups.
- Please make sure you read the Real Yorkshire Tours T&C's
- Unless there are exceptional circumstances or believe conditions are too dangerous, tours will go ahead even if it’s raining or windy
- Your voucher will be accepted as payment
- Non refundable
- They will aim to meet any reasonable requests including dietary and mobility requests as long as they are informed prior to the journey.
- Booking - Once you receive confirmation about the Journey details these will be a binding contract.
- Service charges /gratuities are not included
- Refreshments and entrance fees are not included
LocationAddress: The Old Farm, Otley Road, Burley in Wharfedale. LS29 7DY
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £85.00More Info
From £750.00More Info
From £550.00More Info