This Bushcraft survival experience is an ideal team building activity, especially for adults, where you will spend an enjoyable day in the woods learning new skills, with colleagues or friends. You will learn bushcraft skills under the guidance of a fully qualified bushcraft instructor. The Bushcraft days offer an ideal opportunity to learn some valuable life skills in beautiful surroundings and safety will be of paramount throughout.
- 3 hour bushcraft experience with focus on pioneering.
- Learn and practice how to: tie useful knots and lashings, build a large construction using ropes and poles. An excellent teamwork experience.
- Experience a little of the nature of the wood or other bushcraft skills
- Expert bushcraft instructor.
- Toilet facilities and some protection from wet weather
- Hot and cold drinks
- Suitable for groups of up to 6 people, including family groups with children.
- The start time can be arranged with the provider and will need to be held within the hours of daylight.
Forest Quest was established in 2011 to provide exciting outdoor experiences for groups of young people. We operate in a wood on New Parks Estate just north of York, we have exclusive access to the wood which boasts a range of facilities to make experiences exciting and enjoyable. We have now run over 700 events including a weekly Forest School and birthday parties. More recently, we have developed our provision to include bushcraft sessions and overnight camps for adults. Our lead instructor has been a trained Forest School Leader since 2012 and has recently gained his Competency Certificate in Bushcraft; he is hugely enthusiastic in all things outdoors and will guide you through your Bushcraft experience to ensure it is enjoyable and rewarding.
- Please contact the provider as soon as possible to arrange a mutually convenient date; most weekends are booked several months in advance.
- It is recommended that all participants are over the age of 6 when part of a family group with adults.
- All-children groups can be accommodated, participants should be 8 or over and at least one adult will also need to attend.
- Your session will take place whatever the weather, so please wear appropriate clothing.