Enjoy this 3 hour blacksmith forging and then a Cider Tasting Experience. Set in a stunning forge in Herefordshire, this half day of blacksmithing can help relieve any stress. You will make and design a piece of bespoke ironmongery, under the guidance of the master craftsman, who will show you some of his techniques and guide you through the four main stages of the blacksmithing process: Heating, Holding, Hitting and Shaping, all of which go into the forging of your masterpiece.
Blacksmithing has been around for centuries, and it continues to forge on into the future, as people carry on the long held traditions of this craft. Your three hours of forging is followed by a tasting session at Weston’s Cider, traditional producers of award winning cider and perry draught and bottled products.
- Arrive 8:45am for 9am- 12pm
- Introduction and safety briefing
- Forge a bottle opener or cork screw
- Learn the art of shaping iron into beautiful, bespoke pieces
- Take home your bespoke masterpiece
- Cider tasting & tour at Weston's Cider after 3 hrs blacksmithing
- Enjoy lunch in either the Scandinavian Lodge or Shepherd’s Hut, please confirm at time of booking if you would like lunch to be paid at time of booking.
The Old Forge is specialist forge in the heart of Herefordshire, dedicated to teaching you traditional blacksmithing techniques to create unique ironmongery. Experience An Ancient Tradition Blacksmithing is an old and noble craft, using heat and hammer to forge practical or decorative ironmongery from raw iron. At The Academy, you can feel the power of creating your own sword, ring or other keepsake with your own hands.
Enjoy lunch in either the Scandinavian Lodge or Shepherd’s Hut, please confirm at time of booking if you would like lunch included.
- 9:00am - 12pm
- Must be 18 years or over
- Monday to Saturday, excluding bank holidays (subject to availability).
- Wear: Loose fitting cotton material Ensure you cover your arms Strictly no vests or short sleeved tops No loose cuffs or torn clothing Shorts or skirts are not permitted.
- Leather aprons are provided.
- Lunch is not included
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £150.00More Info
From £350.00More Info
From £265.00More Info