Learn the art of artisan soap making and make beautiful, all-natural soaps, on this beginner’s soap making course with afternoon tea. The soap making class lasts for approximately 5 hours and takes place in Bexley Village. As you learn the process of soap making, you will make a batch of cold process soaps, (palm free), from scratch (around 8 soaps). At the end of the session you will be able to take a selection of the soaps you make away with you.
Whether you want to make soaps for yourself, friends and family, or are interested in starting your own business, then this course is perfect for you. You will receive all the support and knowledge to become an expert soap maker and guided you through the whole process of soap making. The Soap making classes are small to ensure you receive personalised guidance, whilst getting hands on experience. During the soap making you will learn to:
- Make traditional cold process soap.
- Create your own scent blend from essential oils and colour your soap using clays, micas or activated charcoal.
- Work safely with lye.
- Formulate your own recipes using a soap calculator.
- The properties of soap making oils and why we use them.
- Make a great bar of soap.
- An introduction about compliance and safety regulations
- A brief overview of the legalities when selling soaps.
At the end of the day, after you have made your soaps, enjoy a delicious afternoon tea. All dietary requirements can be catered for and must be advised at the time of booking.
- 10am to 3pm, 5 hours approx
- Equipment, all ingredients, protective equipment
- Refreshments and afternoon tea.
- Take away a selection of soaps you make
- Beginner’s recipe, course notes
The classes are hosted by Paula is a member of the Guild of Craft Soap and Toiletry Makers in the UK and has extensive experience in soap and candle making. She is passionate about natural skin care and luxury fragrances and enjoys sharing her soap and candle making passion with others. When Paula survived cancer aged 29, she found the determination to do more of the things she enjoyed in life and started to make her own natural soaps and body butters. She loved creating and formulating products that were kind and beneficial to the skin and she wanted to share her passion for natural skincare with others so she started selling her products locally in 2014. Paula has been taught soap and candle making course to hundreds of participants, her award-winning courses are highly regarded.
- Adults only, you must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
- Voucher valid for 12 months
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £24.95More Info
From £130.00More Info
From £42.00More Info
From £46.00More Info