Learn to make cheese from the experts!
This artisan cheese making course from Lancashire, is run by cheese experts and covers all the basics of cheese-making, combining a hands-on approach with some theory classroom work. You will make two types of cheese: hard ‘Cheddar-style’ and soft ‘lactic’ and you get to take your hand made cheeses home with you. The cheese making course runs from 9.30 am – 3.00 pm, and includes lunch.
- 9.30am - 3pm
- Milk composition & use of rennet
- Selecting and using ripening cultures and starter bacteria
- Setting the curd
- Cutting, draining and stirring the curd
- Moulding, milling and pressing the curd
- Cheese ageing
Carried out by The Courtyard Dairy; included in The Daily Telegraph’s “Most Amazing Cheese Shops in the World” and former World Cheesemonger of the Year. The Courtyard Dairy is renowned for the quality of its cheeses and how it supports traditional, small scale cheese production on the farm; with top accolades to match its reputation.
- Voucher must be redeemed within 1 year of purchase.
- Course is best suited for over 16s.
- Date must be booked after buying voucher and depends on availability
- Available throughout the year, monthly, four days released per month (Thu-Sun)