The Botanical Boys will take you through a fascinating history of terrarium design and you'll learn how one medical doctor changed Great Britain's Industrial revolution position in the world for trading in plants.
Once built, your terrarium (garden in a glass) will require very minimal maintenance and you will learn all the necessary steps on how to build your garden layer by layer and how to care for it afterwards. Terrarium is a miniature environment of living plants that thrive off moisture. You will learn the whys and how's for making a self contained living botanical environment.
- 90 minute class
- Standard vessel for this class a kilner jar (21cm x 12cm) or equivalent.
- Basic Plant Care tips to kick start your session!
- Fascinating insight to the history of terrariums
- Step by step layering process to build your garden
- Planting techniques (very focused and relaxing)
- Online care advice
- All equipment, glass, plants, decorative items, hot, cold and drinks included.
- Bag to carry home your terrarium
Botanical Boys have set up residency at the magical Mr Foggs, House of Botanicals, in Fitzrovia London, offer guests a special night by connecting to nature making your very own terrarium to take home. A terrarium is a self-sustaining ecosystem which requires minimum care. About the House of Botanicals:- Imagine a place filled with flora and fauna from around the world. A place created solely for the adventurous in mind. Serving cocktails and light bites inspired by strange and exotic botanicals and plant life, it is a cocktail bar for the adventurous. Earlier terrariums were made to transport plants around the World making Britain a leader in Botanical Trade in the 1800's.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes before your class starts
- No refunds and no cash equivalent
- Various locations please check at time of booking