A 30 minute Dambusters helicopter tour which takes you through the Peak District. You will fly over Chatsworth House, the Mam Tor rock formations and Lady Bower reservoir/Derwent Valley where the RAF trained for the Dam Buster flights during World War II. Your pilot will fly you above the surface of the water at precisely 60ft which is the height the Lancasters had to be held at to achieve their goal.
On the night of 16 May 1943, 19 Lancasters from the specially formed 617 Squadron took off from RAF Scampton. Their mission was a daring raid taking them deep into Germany. On the bombing run an exact height of 60 feet had to be held. To facilitate this two spotlights were fitted below the Lancaster so that the spots of light would coincide on the surface of the water when flying at precisely 60 feet.
Passengers will have the opportunity to appreciate this special piece of aviation history as well taking in views of outstanding natural beauty in a Bell 206 Jetranger (or similar).
This experience means flying is not a matter of waiting in line, rushing or price, but is a matter of discovery, freedom, and sharing! A unique flight provided by local pilots and passed on to you at a reduced cost of what the actual cost of this flight would be, private aviation has never been so accessible.
The flight locations are subject to aircraft availability, if the location is not available on the particular date of request, you will be offered an alternative neighbouring take-off location.
Example Take off Points:
- 30 minute helicopter tour
- Up to 3 passengers
- Pre flight briefing
- Fly over places of interest
- Knowledgeable pilot acting as your guide
The cost of the voucher is an "Average Price" and you maybe subject to a supplement as each airfield has variable fuel and landing costs.
Wingly is Europe’s largest flight-sharing platform. They connect private pilots with passengers, so that they can make arrangements for an unforgettable flight experience. That’s what Wingly believes in, and builds a trusted, international community uniting pilots and passengers that continues to grow. Taking thousands of people every year to explore the most beautiful landscapes from a unique point of view and make amazing memories. Whether sightseeing flight or excursion- with over 15,000 registered private pilots and 10,000 flights, your dream flight is guaranteed. You will find a variety of prestigious aircraft and helicopter models on Wingly's flightsharing platform. From renowned light aircraft with between 2 and 6 seats, to luxury turboprop engines and even helicopters, there is something for everyone to have an amazing aerial experience [su_youtube url="https://youtu.be/p6_HkzxaSWk" mute="yes"]
- This is a non-commercial flight operated under EASA cost-sharing rules and each flight is insured by Allianz through Wingly.
- Flights are performed with the utmost safety in mind including pre-flight checks, please note that the flights don’t have the same safety rules as a commercial flight.
- Customers pay an """"average price"""" of sightseeing flights by purchasing this voucher, as each flight has different fuel/landing costs.
- By contacting Wingly to redeem your code, you give Wingly your consent to create an account for you to book a flight.
- Reserve well in advance (eg. 2 weeks) and be flexible for rescheduling in case of weather cancellations are highly recommended so that you can share this wonderful experience with your pilot.
- Must be 5 years +
- Under 1s 16s must be accompanied by a paying adult, or adult needs to be on the premises
- Passengers that weigh more than 15 stones please enquire beforehand.