This blacksmith 3 hour experience, as you make Sausage Sizzler, set at a stunning forge in Herefordshire, can help relieve any stress, as you create unique objects from wrought iron or steel, by forging the metal, using tools to hammer, bend, and cut.
In this half day workshop you will make and design a piece of bespoke ironmongery, Sausage Sizzler, under the guidance of the master craftsman, who will show you some of their techniques and guide you through the four main stages of the blacksmithing process: Heating, Holding, Hitting and Shaping, which is the process to forging of your masterpiece.
Blacksmithing has been around for centuries, and it continues to forge on into the future as people carry on the long held traditions of this craft.
- 3 hour workshop
- Introduction and safety briefing
- Allocated workstation and demonstration of tools
- Masterpiece to take away
- Learn the art of shaping iron into beautiful, bespoke pieces
Enjoy lunch in either the Scandinavian Lodge or Shepherd’s Hut, please confirm at time of booking if you would like lunch to book lunch and payable at time of booking.
The Old Forge is specialist forge in the heart of Herefordshire, dedicated to teaching you traditional blacksmithing techniques to create unique ironmongery. Experience An Ancient Tradition Blacksmithing is an old and noble craft, using heat and hammer to forge practical or decorative ironmongery from raw iron. At The Academy, you can feel the power of creating your own sword, ring or other keepsake with your own hands.
Enjoy lunch in either the Scandinavian Lodge or Shepherd’s Hut, please confirm at time of booking if you would like to book a lunch to be paid for seperately.
- 9:00am - 12pm | 12:30 -3:30pm.
- Monday to Saturday, excluding bank holidays (subject to availability).
- Wear loose fitting cotton material is preferred
- Ensure you cover your arms
- No loose cuffs or torn clothing
- Shorts or skirts are also not permitted.
- Leather aprons are provided
LocationAddress: Oldfield Forge, Garway Hill, Hereford, HR2 8HA
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £235.00More Info
From £185.00More Info
From £105.00More Info