By creating a terrarium it helps you to feel calm and relaxed and by getting your hands dirty you are literally connecting with nature in this class. You will join the Botanical team at studio in Kings Cross, Once you have completed your garden, it will become a self-sustaining eco system where the plants will thrive and take care of themselves.
You will be taken you through a fascinating history of terrarium design and you'll learn how one medical doctor changed Great Britain's Industrial revolution position in the world for trading in plants.
What you'll learn:
- Basic Plant Care tips to kick start your session!
- Fascinating insight to the history of terrariums
- Step by step layering process to build your garden
- Planting techniques (very focused and relaxing)
- Online care advice
- Bag to carry home your terrarium
What terrarium will I make:
- The standard vessel for this class is the slim clear glass jar with a cork lid
- Upgrade options available - please enquire at time of booking
The jars are 19cmH x 14cmW and are big enough at the opening to get your hand in to build your terrarium garden. This is the smaller of the cork jars we offer and is the perfect introduction to terrarium making. If you want to upgrade you have this options available to you on the day and at time of booking.
A terrarium is a self-sustaining ecosystem which requires minimum care. About the House of Botanicals:- Imagine a place filled with flora and fauna from around the world. A place created solely for the adventurous in mind. Serving cocktails and light bites inspired by strange and exotic botanicals and plant life, it is a cocktail bar for the adventurous. Earlier terrariums were made to transport plants around the World making Britain a leader in Botanical Trade in the 1800's.
- Arrive 5-10 minutes before your class starts
- No refunds and no cash equivalent
Luxury Gift Experience Recommends
From £50.00More Info
From £80.00More Info