Private Tours of The Yorkshire Moors£560.00
14 day Refund guarantee
Valid from date of purchase
24 HR Support
Why We Love It
- Experience the stunning North York Moors National Park’s
- Travel in a luxury with your own private chauffeur guide
- Visit historic sites, natural landscape features
Explore the best of the North York Moors on this full day tour across stunning moorland, visiting quaint villages and the seaside town of Whitby.
You will drive to Thirsk before driving through the Hambleton Hills passing the famous giant White Horse of Kilburn on the hillside and the Mouseman furniture museum.
From here you will travel through Coxwold past Byland Abbey and through Ampleforth to Helmsley with its lovely market square and medieval castle. This is a great town to explore with its independent shops, cafe’s and old stone buildings.
You will then drive through Hutton le Hole up onto the North York Moors travelling along Blakey Ridge with its stunning moorland landscape and views into both Rosedale and Farndale, passing some ancient stone preaching crosses and drive down chimney bank in Rosedale to see the old iron stone kilns.
You will then travel to Whitby via Sandsend before taking a short walking tour of the historic seaside town, where you will hear about the inspiration behind Bram Stokers Dracula, its links to Captain Cook as well as Whitby’s seafaring and whaling heritage before stopping for a hearty Fish and Chips lunch.
You can be driven up to both cliff tops to get up close to Whitby Abbey and St.Mary’s Church on East Cliff and the iconic whalebone arch and Captain Cook statue on West Cliff.
From Whitby you will head to Pickering before driving back up onto the North York Moors with its unique heather moorland travelling over Fylingdales Moor – past Yorkshire’s Grand Canyon – the Hole of Horcum and into Heartbeat Country.
You can stop at Goathland and visit the railway station which played Hogsmeade in the Harry Potter films and Scripps Garage & Funeral Parlour made famous by the TV series Heartbeat before travelling back home.
- Private full day chauffeur guided tour
- Entertaining Blue Badge Tourist Guide
- Licensed for 2/3 people
- Tour length 9am-5pm (8 hours)
- Collection and drop off from your accommodation in Yorkshire (most people choose to stay in York, Leeds, Harrogate, Ripon or Thirsk)
- Lunch not included – suggest fresh Fish & Chips in Whitby
- Photo stops
- Rest room and refreshments stops when you feel like it
Tim Barber‘s Real Yorkshire Tours offers you a choice of interesting chauffeur driven, driver guided Yorkshire tours, for up to 4 people including great Yorkshire days out, walking trips, experiences or exciting family adventures. They also offer guiding services for film location planning, familarisation visits, incentive travel & larger groups.
These are the legal terms of the agreement, that you will need to be aware of:
“Journey” means the service you have booked, eg a sightseeing tour, a driver guided tour, a day out, or a taxi transfer, and includes all additional services (such as assistance with luggage or mobility) that is agreed to be provided.
“Written” includes paper and electronic communication.
- When our agreement is reached:When you have given me information about the service you wish me to provide and we have agreed a mutually agreed date, I will send you a written confirmation of your order, including the date of the tour and tour times. Once I have received your reply agreeing to the Journey details and I have proposed, we will have a binding contract.
- When you need to pay:I will accept your voucher as payment which I will invoice LGE to redeem.
- Bookings are subject to availability:Whilst we do have a team of trusted partners it is not always possible to provide tours on all dates. No confirmations or vouchers will be redeemed unless we have been able to confirm availability and a be able to take a definite booking. Events such as the Tour de Yorkshire may mean that some tours are unavailable due to planned road closures.
- If you want to cancel:If you cannot take the Journey we have agreed, please let me know why and I will decide whether or not a refund is appropriate. However there will be no refund if I hear of a cancellation within 14 days before the start of the Journey as it will be too late for me to find other work for that day. The voucher will be redeemed and payable in full.
- If I am not able to be there:I work on my own and in some exceptional circumstances (for example family emergency or illness) I may have to cancel a Journey. If I am unable to undertake the Journey for any reason, I will first try and find an alternative suitable date, but if this is not possible I will refund any voucher/money you have already paid me but I will have no other liability to you of any sort. I would always try and find a replacement before cancelling and have a number of Blue Badge Guides and Driver Guides I already work closely with.
- If there are problems on the day:In the event of mechanical breakdown, illness, or other problems during the Journey I will decide whether to cancel the rest of the Journey, to wait for and use a replacement vehicle, or to vary the Journey details. I will always make sure you can get safely to where you need to be. Apart from that I will have no liability to recompense you for cancellation or changes to the Journey details, although I may choose in a suitable case to make a pro rata refund.
- My obligations:I have an obligation to all my customers to keep you safe. This means that I may need to exclude people from my vehicle in the event of inappropriate behaviour or other difficulties, and I therefore reserve the right to do so. For safety, all passengers are required to be seated whilst the vehicle is in motion and use the fitted seat belts.
- Health & Medical:if your trip involves any activities which involve physical exertion in the form of a walk you need to accept that there are inherent risk of personal injury. It is your responsibility to ensure that you can cope with the level of physical activity involved. If you have any medical conditions please consult a doctor before booking. We will always try and gain an understanding to levels of fitness and mobility and adapt tours to your needs. Sometimes we may have to amend our itinerary if we feel that you may be unable to cope with something or that you will be putting yourself under unnecessary risk.
- Changes to the Journey:where appropriate, before the start of the Journey I will give you a paper copy of our agreed itinerary and timetable. These are always subject to external events (for example weather or road closures) which are beyond my control. If you require any changes on the day, or if any changes prove to be necessary, I will do my best to accommodate them but reserve the right to charge you extra if additional costs are incurred.
- Special requests:We will aim to meet any reasonable requests including dietary and mobility requests as long as we are informed prior to our journey. Complying with these requests is not always possible and Real Yorkshire Tours cannot be held responsible for any unreasonable requests. Sometimes there may be an extra charge to meet unusual requests which are out of the ordinary.
- Flexibility: tours aim to be as flexible as possible to accommodate your needs on the day. Full day Tours will usually last 8 hours from collection to drop off. If you arrive at a meeting time late or are not ready to depart at an agreed time the tour will still finish at the agreed time.
- Weather:We have no control over the weather, but unless there are exceptional circumstances or we believe conditions are too dangerous, tours will go if it’s raining or windy. Customers are respectfully asked to dress appropriately for the tours and days out depending upon what is suitable for the activity. We will usually have umbrellas and some waterproof clothing that can be borrowed if required.
- Changes to itinerary:often customers ask us for alternative suggestions if weather is inclement. If we had a tour, which involved a substantial amount of walking we can usually offer alternative suggestions involving more indoor activities such as museums, galleries or stately homes. Should itineraries change upon the customers request we may not always be able to gain refunds and extra costs or entrance fees may be incurred.
- Gratuities & Tips:Service charges are not included in our fares and any gratuities for the driver are at the customers discretion.
- Photography:Unless specifically asked not to, Real Yorkshire Tours reserves the right to use any photos taken on our tours to be used in promotional materials and our website or social media.
- Travel Insurance:We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. We are not responsible for any medical expenses or for any costs, loss or damage you suffer as a result of illness or accident.
- Pets:Pets unfortunately cannot be accommodated on our tours.
- Refreshments and entrance fees:These are not included within tour costs unless specifically stated. The customer is liable for their own lunch/refreshment costs and admission fees to castles, stately homes, museums and galleries.
- The contract:By placing a booking with us, you are confirming that you have read the Terms & Conditions and understand them fully.
Address: Whitby YO21 1RE