Why We Love It
- A hands on brewing experience
- Make & maintain a kombucha culture containing billions of microbes!
- Everything you need to know to successfully brew Kombucha
Kombucha Class London, first brews, secondary ferments and more. This is an in-depth introduction to fermented tea drink Kombucha. Participants will learn about the ingredients and equipment needed to make kombucha and the techniques of primary fermentation. You will explore secondary fermentation techniques and how to achieve good carbonation and flavour development. complete at the end of the class, a SCOBY to take away and ferment at home. Booklet with different recipes to try and experiment with at home and follow up email support if needed.
- Three hour Kombucha Class
- In-depth introduction to fermented tea drink Kombucha
- Learn how to store kombucha and propagate scobys
- Each participant will make up a primary ferment with a SCOBY to take away and ferment at home.
- Tastings of different plain and flavoured kombuchas.
- The course runs between 3-6pm and sometimes 11am-2pm, usually on a Sunday
- Booklet with different recipes to try and experiment
The Fermentarium began its adventure in fermentation in 2014 at the Blackhorse Workshop, Walthamstow, London. At first the emphasis was on baking sourdough bread and pizza-making in a cob oven in the yard as well as sourdough bread-making classes.
In 2014 Simon and David wanted to share their experience and knowledge of fermenting and began to run lactic fermentation classes and then were joined by Anna in March 2016 and added further courses including Soft fermented drinks and dairy ferments.
The Fermentarium: an independent organisation dedicated to promoting the small-scale production of “real” fermented food and drink.
- Minimum age is 18 due to insurance conditions
- No cancellations are allowed
- You can change the date of your class 7 days prior to the course after that it is at the discretion of the Fermentarium.
- There is no car parking on site but the venue is close to a tube station.
Address: Gnome House, 7 Blackhorse Lane, Walthamstow, London, E17 6DS