Hand Building with Clay, Preston£28.00
14 day Refund guarantee
Valid from date of purchase
24 HR Support
Why We Love It
- Create your own piece from scratch, the only one in the world!
- Relax in a totally different way
- Re kindle skills from childhood or learn totally new ones
Learn the ancient pottery-making technique of hand building with clay which involves creating forms without a pottery wheel, using the hands, fingers, and simple tools! You will learn how to build with clay using an appropriate technique depending on the piece you wish to make, all you need to take with you is an idea of a shape / item you would like to make.
Your experience will include:
- Up to 2 and 1/2 hours of working with clay by hand ( you do not use a potter’s wheel)
- Each person gets a piece of clay to create their own creation with approx. 1/2kg
- Pre book your 2 hours Wednesday to Saturday
- Guided session with Jane to help you create your piece
- All safety equipment included
- You may be able to paint your piece the same day ( depending on your creation) then it requires firing after drying out for two weeks, then glazing and firing again.
- If you do not paint it on the creation day you return to paint it in two weeks after making it and then it will be dried, glazed and fired for you to collect a week later
Fired 4 U is owned and run by Jane who has a passion for ceramics and crafts and loves nothing more than to help others explore their creative side and have fun! The studio has been open since 2006 and welcomes children, adults and families of all ages and abilities. They offer hand building clay sessions, pottery painting and low fire copper enamelling crafts. Available for individuals and groups.
- Minimum age 10 years old
- Exclusions no other discounts available
- Available Wednesday to Saturday with pre bookings
- Tea and coffee available
- Free car parking at studio
Address: 15-17 Hennel Lane, Walton le Dale, Preston PR5 4LA