Group Walking Day Tour in DurhamFrom £440.00
14 day Refund guarantee
Valid from date of purchase
24 HR Support
Why We Love It
- A detailed tour of Durham’s varied and exciting history
- Discover the history of Durham Cathedral
- The Open Treasures collected by the Bishops of Durham
Durham is one of the most famous cities in the North of England.
This group tour gives you an in depth introduction to the city which has grown around the shrine of its Anglo-Saxon saint, St. Cuthbert. The Bishops of Durham were both church and military leaders defending the North of England from the Scottish threat.
On this tour you will enjoy a journey around the capital of the land of the Prince Bishops. You will be taken through the Grand Romanesque Cathedral – often described to be the greatest Cathedral in England – explaining the architecture and history of the building before showing you the Open Treasures where the treasures of the Bishop of Durham have been gathered and curated for you to discover. We will meet at Durham’s Train station at the beginning of this three and a half hour tour This tour includes entrance to Durham Cathedral and the Open Treasures. The tour start at either 9 am or 1 pm and requires pre-booking.
- Full Day Walking Tour
- A tour of the city followed by lunch and then be guided around the Cathedral and open Treasures
- 9 am start
- Professional, knowledgeable and experienced guide.
- Entry to Durham Cathedral and the open Treasures
Additional Bolt on’s for groups: A Private Organ recital, The Chapter house – also known as Profesor McGonagall’s Classroom in Harry Potter (organise direct with the tour operator)
Iles Tours know that the best trips live on in the memories that stay with you. That’s why they don’t do ordinary walking tours. Instead, you are taken on a journey into the fascinating stories that have shaped England’s unique history, people and culture for over 2,000 years – and are still unfolding today. You’ll have fun, learn new things and come away with a great story to tell. With walking tours across Newcastle, Durham, Northumberland and Tyneside, Iles Tours show you the North East England as you’ve never seen it before!
- Pre-booking is always required for this experience
- A contact Mobile/cell phone for all customers is required to contact you on the day of your tour. This will ensure you can be kept up to date of changes to meeting point or other information prior to your tour.
- Please contact the vendor about any disabilities your group may have. They are able to customise tours for wheelchair and vision impairment.
- Meet at Durham Station on the Day of the Tour.
- Your guide will contact you with a text message prior to the tour to confirm your attendance
Address: Durham Station, Station Approach, Durham DH1 4RB