Gluten Free Sourdough Bread Making£50.00
Why We Love It
- A hands on baking experience
- Learn to make and maintain a starter culture containing billions of microbes!
- Everything you need to know to successfully bake gluten free bread at home.
Three hour Gluten Free Sourdough Bread Making London. This is an in-depth introduction to the methods of gluten free sourdough bread baking. Participants will get an understanding of sourdough, learn about the differences between gluten and gluten free bread and about the different types of gluten free flours and binders. Suitable for beginners and no prior knowledge or experience required.
- Make a sourdough starter and learn how to maintain it successfully
- All equipment and ingredients provided
- Expert tuition
- Learn how to make simple sourdough gluten free breads including flatbreads, loaves, sourdough crackers
- The course runs between 3-6pm, sometimes 11am-2pm – usually on a Sunday
- Take home your homemade bread/s
- Handout with different recipes to try and experiment with at home
- Follow up email support if needed
The Fermentarium began its adventure in fermentation in 2014 at the Blackhorse Workshop, Walthamstow, London. At first the emphasis was on baking sourdough bread and pizza-making in a cob oven in the yard as well as sourdough bread-making classes.
In 2014 Simon and David wanted to share their experience and knowledge of fermenting and began to run lactic fermentation classes and then were joined by Anna in March 2016 and added further courses including Soft fermented drinks and dairy ferments.
The Fermentarium: an independent organisation dedicated to promoting the small-scale production of “real” fermented food and drink.
- Minimum age is 18 due to insurance conditions
- Cancellations are allowed 7 days prior to the course after that it is at the discretion of the Fermentarium.
- There is no car parking on site but the venue is close to a tube station.
Address: Gnome House, 7 Blackhorse Lane, Walthamstow, London, E17 6DS