Firth of Forth Luxury Sailing Taster ExperienceFrom £59.00
Why We Love It
- The chance to sail luxury Catamaran
- Expert experienced kipper
- Breathtaking East Coast Scotland scenery
- Friends & Family
- Over 5’s
Enjoy a 2.5 hour sail on the Firth of Forth, on-board a luxury catamaran on this sailing taster experience. This introduction to sailing, lets you explore the east coastline of Scotland and try a taste of life on-board a catamaran. Sit back and relax or if you would like a more “hands-on” experience, the skipper will let you take the helm and learn the “ropes” as you sail down the Forth.
Meet your RYA Yachtmaster, who will introduce you to the catamaran, as you relax and enjoy tea or coffee before setting sail. As you leave the harbour, you’ll pass under the world-famous Forth Rail Bridge. Built in the 1890s, the bridge is considered one of the engineering wonders of the world.
Keep an eye out for the local seals and magnificent views of the Edinburgh skyline as you cruise around Inchgarvie Island, before making your way back to Port Edgar Marina, with a detour under the new Queensferry Crossing.
This is an unforgettable experience that will leave you wishing you had your very own catamaran! The trip will take around 2.5 hours and can be booked for the morning on most Fridays and weekends.
- 2.5 hours sailing
- Comprehensive safety briefing and refreshments
- Hands-on” experience, take the helm and learn the “ropes” as you sail down the Forth.
- Sail under the famous & historic Forth Road and Rail bridges
- Circumnavigate the Island of Inchgarvie via number 19 buoy
- Keep an eye out for the many Seals, Porpoises and Sea Birds that call the river home
- Explore Fife’s coastline and see Edinburgh from a different perspective
- Route under the new Queensferry Crossing
- Return to Port Edgar
Meet your RYA Yachtmaster who’ll introduce you to the vessel. Sit down for a cup of tea or coffee before departing the harbour and hitting the water.
As you sail out, you’ll pass under the world-famous Forth Rail Bridge. Built in the 1890s, the bridge is considered one of the preeminent engineering feats of the Victorian era. Keep an eye out for the local seals and unparalleled views of the Edinburgh skyline as you cruise around Inchgarvie Island before making your way back to Port Edgar Marina. Sit back and relax or get a little more hands-on, the skipper will let you take the helm as you sail down the Forth.
A memorable experience for sailing fans looking to try something different or for anyone who fancies a taste of life on-board an amazing catamaran. Very popular with couples for a romantic evening cruise.
Edinburgh Boat Charters provides a bespoke experience tailored to suit you. Their luxury catamaran “Edinburgh Castle” means enjoying an experience unique to the area. Take advantage of the Forth’s splendid natural surroundings and local areas of interest, including landmarks of national importance such as the Forth Rail and Road bridges, historical sights, the Forth islands and stunning coast lines, to make your sail special.
Your safety is paramount and nothing has been overlooked, down to the provision of professional waterproof clothing, to ensure the experience is a delight.
- Voucher valid for 1 year from date of purchase.
- Not suitable for children under 5.
- Not suitable for wheelchair users.
Address: Port Edgar Marina, South Queensferry, EH30 9SQ