Firth of Forth Sailing Day Out for Two£265.00
14 day Refund guarantee
Voucher valid for 1 year
24 HR Support
Why We Love It
- The chance to sail the boat
- Awesome scenery on the day
- The catamaran we sailed on
Enjoy a spectacular day out on the water with this Firth of Forth Full Day Sail for Two. Combining luxury travel with historic sights of Scotland, this full day of sailing will take you past the islands of Inchgarvie, Inchcolm, Inchmickery and Inchkeith, where history abounds, as well as plenty of marine wildlife, including local seals.
Discover unique sights of the Forth Rail Bridge as you pass underneath; built in the 1890s, it’s considered one of the engineering wonders of the world. If you’re feeling brave, you’re more than welcome to take the helm and learn the ropes as you sail down the Forth with the guidance of your knowledgeable skipper; alternatively, just sit back, relax and enjoy the views as they pass you by.
An exceptional day out for anyone looking for something different, you can enjoy unparalleled views of the Edinburgh skyline from the water, as well as the novelty of sailing on either the only catamaran on the East Coast of Scotland.
This trip will take 8 hours and runs monthly on either Fridays or weekends : Minimum Sea distance 30 nautical miles
- Comprehensive safety briefing and coffee
- Depart the marina and sail under the famous & historic Forth road and rail bridges
- Sail past the inner islands of Inchgarvie, Inchcolm, Inchmickery to Inchkeith
- Anchor at Inchkeith Island or route to a harbour of choice for lunch
- Keep an eye out for the many Seals, Porpoises and Sea Birds that call the river home
- Explore Fife’s coastline and see Edinburgh from a different perspective
- Return to Port Edgar
Meet your RYA Yachtmaster who’ll introduce you to the vessel. Sit down for a cup of tea or coffee before departing the harbour and hitting the water.
As you sail out, you’ll pass under the world-famous Forth Rail Bridge. Built in the 1890s, the bridge is considered one of the preeminent engineering feats of the Victorian era. Keep an eye out for the local seals and unparalleled views of the Edinburgh skyline as you cruise around Inchgarvie Island before making your way back to Port Edgar Marina. Sit back and relax or get a little more hands-on, the skipper will let you take the helm as you sail down the Forth.
A memorable experience for sailing fans looking to try something different or for anyone who fancies a taste of life on-board an amazing catamaran. Very popular with couples for a romantic evening cruise.
Edinburgh Boat Charters provides a bespoke experience tailored to suit you. Their luxury catamaran “Edinburgh Castle” means enjoying an experience unique to the area. Take advantage of the Forth’s splendid natural surroundings and local areas of interest, including landmarks of national importance such as the Forth Rail and Road bridges, historical sights, the Forth islands and stunning coast lines, to make your sail special.
Your safety is paramount and nothing has been overlooked, down to the provision of professional waterproof clothing, to ensure the experience is a delight.
- Trips run monthly from April to September.
- Voucher valid for 1 year from date of purchase.
- Not suitable for children under 5.
- Not suitable for wheelchair users.
Address: Port Edgar Marina Shore Road, South Queensferry, Edinburgh, EH30 9SQ