Artisan Cheese Making Class Lancashire£120.00
14 day Refund guarantee
Voucher valid for 1 year
24 HR Support
Why We Love It
- Learn all about making cheese
- Get to take your finalised cheeses home
- Sample a whole range of cheese types
Learn to make cheese from the experts!
This artisan cheese making course from the Courtyard Dairy, Lancashire, is run by cheese experts and covers all the basics of cheese-making, combining a hands-on approach with some theory classroom work. You will make two types of cheese: hard ‘Cheddar-style’ and soft ‘lactic’ and you get to take your hand made cheeses home with you. The cheese making course runs from 9.30 am – 3.00 pm, and includes lunch.
- Milk composition;
- Use of rennet;
- Selecting and using ripening cultures and starter bacteria;
- Setting the curd;
- Cutting, draining and stirring the curd;
- Moulding, milling and pressing the curd;
- Cheese ageing.
- Includes Lunch
Available throughout the year, monthly, with four days released per month – Thu-Sun.
Carried out by The Courtyard Dairy; included in The Daily Telegraph’s “Most Amazing Cheese Shops in the World” and former World Cheesemonger of the Year. The Courtyard Dairy is renowned for the quality of its cheeses and how it supports traditional, small scale cheese production on the farm; with top accolades to match its reputation.
- Voucher must be redeemed within 1 year of purchase.
- Course is best suited for over 16s.
- Date must be booked after buying voucher and depends on availability.
Address: Crows Nest Barn, Austwick, LA2 8AS